Here at Custom Construction, we offer full service Project Management Services to our clients. This means that our clients can contract us to build from existing plans, or for the full design and build service - from concept to council to completion.
When your design and build professionals are working as a team with you from the outset, challenges can be solved collaboratively and as early as possible in the project, which minimises project costs and delays. Whether you choose your designer or we introduce you to one that we believe will be a good fit, our experience is that a good working relationship between the client, the designer and the builder at the very outset of a design and build project is extremely beneficial for all. This is something that Consumer and BRANZ back up.
When it comes to the construction stage, as the building company, we project manage the following on and off site details:
- Arranging for subcontractors to be available when needed.
- Dealing with suppliers and making sure materials are ordered and delivered on time.
- Monitoring progress once work starts to make sure everything complies with the contract and consent documentation (including plans and specifications).
- Liaising with you and arranging for inspections as needed, such as by the designer, architect, or engineer.
- Arranging for inspections by the building inspectors at the end of each stage.
- Answering questions that arise during building, and clarifying anything in the construction documents with the contractors.
- Knowing when progress payments are due and checking claims for payment.
- Negotiating with the subcontractors to come back and fix any work not completed or done properly.
- Processing variations and anything else that crops up along the way.
- Arranging the final inspection.
Any questions? Please don't hesitate to contact us.
Explore Our New Home Options