We believe it's vital for clients to know how much their project is likely to cost before going down the track of getting detailed plans for new builds, renovations or additions. With the Custom Construction design and build service you'll receive a concept that's tailored just for you along with an accurate build price up front, and the knowledge that you're working with local, qualified and certified Taranaki builders.
When you contact us about a renovation or new build there are three initial simple steps.
- Initial Conversation: Getting things rolling over the phone or via email is fine, but we do have a great showroom and meeting area set up for just this purpose. If you already have plans, we can discuss these with you. If you don't, we can work with you to come up with the right concept to turn your dreams into reality.
- Onsite: We'll arrange an onsite meeting with you at your property for an initial walk-through and assessment.
- Initial Thoughts: We'll provide you with initial thoughts, and a ballpark figure for your project if possible.
Stage 1: Development of concept and construction estimate.
- Our logical and straightforward approach makes sure the concept and the construction estimate are considered together, as early as possible.
- The concept drawings and construction estimate will be sufficient to brief a valuer (if required) for an 'as if complete' valuation, which a bank or lender may require for financing.
- With the bases of concept, pricing and funding covered, and having experienced the professionalism and skills of the design and build team, clients can then make a confident move to the next stage.
Stage 2: Detailed development, construction and finishing.
- Drawings are refined through to client sign off.
- Full plans and specs are developed for the construction process.
- Decisions are made for furnishings, fixtures and fittings (we can arrange interior design consultation)
- With Council consent, building can commence. The project can now proceed with maximum efficiency.
- On-site and off-site, we manage the scheduling of all work, coordinating the sub-trades and materials supply. We oversee all work, and communicate with the owner and, if necessary, the designer or architect, negotiate and communicate scheduling (or other) changes, We also handle invoicing, monitor costs and payments, undertake the final inspection with the client, and handle any warranty claims.
- That's right - Custom Construction take care of everybody and everything so you can have peace-of-mind.
IF YOU HAVE PLANS – Build Management Only
If you have already have plans, our service is BUILD + MANAGE.
As a smart choice, and because every project benefits from good communication, we recommend negotiating your build price on an open book basis. It's more informative, effective and efficient than a competitive bid process, and goes a long way to building the good working relationships that successful projects need.
Call into our showroom to get the best design and build information.
Learn About Our Project Management Services